Society members are invited to submit symposium session proposals for our Annual Conference
Thursday 4th & Friday 5th November, 2021
Call for submissions for symposia focusing on new developments and current topics in addictions.
Open now for submissions.
In addition to the conference delegate sessions, there will be up to four symposia proposed by members and selected by the conference scientific committee. We understand that uncertainty about travel remains, and therefore we also welcome submissions for symposia that can only be presented online.
The deadline for symposia proposals is extended until 26th February, 2021. We will notify the successful organisers of selected symposia by late March 2021.
Please read the following information carefully before making your submission, to ensure it meets the criteria for consideration:
• Names and affiliations of three speakers should be submitted together with an over-all abstract (max. 300 words) which describes the overarching aims and content of the three talks;
• The organiser must also be one of the speakers;
• The organiser submitting the proposal must be a member of the SSA (the other speakers need not be members of the SSA);
• Each symposium should integrate any or all of the latest advances in theoretical, social, clinical and policy aspects across any addiction topic;
• Proposals that include people with lived experience, younger speakers and contributors from a diverse range of backgrounds are encouraged;
• An individual lay abstract (max. 250 words) and speaker biography (max. 100 words) from each speaker will be required after successful groups have been notified;
• The SSA conference committee will select a chair-person for each successful symposium;
• Exact timings will be decided as the conference programme is finalised, but each symposium will last approximately 80 minutes;
• Each speaker will be allocated 20 minutes, followed by a panel discussion to end the symposium;
• Confirmation that all proposed speakers are willing and available to participate on 4 and 5 November 2021 is required;
• Organisers can submit no more than two symposia each;
• The title of the symposium and speakers’ titles will be published as per original submission and cannot be changed after acceptance;
• Non-successful symposium speakers will be eligible to submit individual abstracts for a delegate presentation.
• Session durations and other details may need to be amended in the event that the Conference takes place online.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.