Don't forget - if you haven't already, you also need to submit your abstract via this page: Submit a delegate's abstract
Please apply online and ensure the following are attached:
*This letter should show:
- The benefit to the applicant or organisation;
- The employer’s position regarding funding, and the student's need for support;
- Support for the time required to prepare and attend the symposium;
- An opinion of the applicant’s ability to complete the activity.
Applicants agree that if successful they will submit a report to the SSA after the event (copy to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org). Details of expenses applicants would like refunded should be submitted in advance, and a hard copy of expenses sent with all receipts when available, for reimbursement in arrears (to the maximum £200.00).
Applications, from current students in the addiction field, must be submitted using the online form, with supporting documents attached, by the closing date of 15 July 2019.
The Bursaries Coordinator and Bursaries Panel – appointed from the SSA's Trustees – will assess applications, and make a recommendation to the Conference Lead Organiser, a Trustee, for their ratification, and applicants will be informed of the decision by email from the Executive office by the end of July/early August.
1. *Letter from tutor/line manager (preferably a member of the SSA) to confirm organisational support of the proposed attendance. This is essential to the processing of the application, including confirmation from that study leave will be granted if application is successful
2. Expected budget for travel
3. Whether funding towards accommodation would be required
4. Copy of submitted abstract if making a presentation/poster
Where an award is made it is on the bases:
1) that best value accommodation is sought, and that this will be capped at the level of the conference hotel; and
2) that where possible economy travel options are booked well in advance of the date of travel.
The total amount that can be claimed by any supported delegate is £200, and justification for the amount claimed must be made and itemised, and receipts provided. A standard expenses claim form will be required from each claimant (SSA Expenses Policy and Claim Form).
- Go to this page if you wish to become a student associate.
We are aware that a small number of users may receive an error message when submitting this form - 'Sorry, your form was not sent'. This appears to be the result of some institutions' IT systems disabling cookies on users' machines. If you are able to, please ensure cookies are enabled in your browser.
Each applicant should receive an automatic email confirmation, but if you do not receive this or have received the error message above and want to be certain your application has reached us, please send a message via our Contact Us form, with name, email address, and the kind of Supported place you are applying for.
Thanks, and apologies for the inconvenience.