Introducing the SMART Recovery Global Research Network
SMART Recovery is committed to evidence-based practice by ensuring that all SMART programs are based in science. The organization recognizes that to continue to reflect the best evidence in the field, SMART Recovery needs to be adaptable and innovative. It is also important that high quality, independent research continues to examine SMART Recovery programs. For this reason, the SMART Recovery International Board has established the SMART Recovery Global Research Network.
Purpose of the Global Research Network
- Bring together a network of international researchers interested in SMART Recovery
- Encourage the development of high quality, independent research and evaluation in the field
- Promote collaborative research and evaluation efforts
- Provide advice to SMART Recovery on current available scientific evidence in the field
- Help SMART Recovery International identify gaps in research and recommend areas of further research to inform SMART Recovery programs
- Work with SMART Recovery International to ensure that research findings are communicated to SMART Recovery participants and facilitators
Applications to join the Research Network are welcomed from established and early career researchers and from other people who are interested in research, mutual aid and SMART Recovery.
You can learn more about the Research Network HERE and you can register to join the Network HERE.